Sunday 4 May 2014

The Days of Perky Pat.



I’d like to talk about a book that I read the last year. It’s a sci-fi novel, wrote by Philip K. Dick. I really love this story because it has an amazing plot, strangers characters and interesting concepts. 

The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch talks about religion, drugs, altered states of conscience, future societies and  more. The argument it's complex and it will be boring if I tell the whole story, so I'm going to describe mi favorite character and it's of course, Palmer Eldritch.



This guy is frightening, he has bionic eyes, metal teeth and one robotic hand. He's a millionaire and a businessman who travels across the galaxy searching commercial products. When he comes back after ten years, he's not the same. With a genius plan he pretends to take control of the minds of all the population. The new drug called Chew-Z is brutal, Palmer Eldritch incarnate in all person who try it. 


 The Days of Perky Pat it's a short story about the same concept of the main novel. I don'r read it yet, cause I'm reading the first volume of shorts stories. This story it's on volume four, so I don't want to go faster than my feet.

2 comments:

  1. I love science fiction topics!!! I have a very large list of books to read and movies to watch yet but this one sounds promising, I'll read it if I find it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lend me the book and I lend other to you :p

    ReplyDelete